During 2013 Freebiesbug has grown fast thanks to the support of daily visitors and designers who have contributed with their own creations. For the new year I want to experiment the introduction of another section: a weekly showcase for authors who want to present featured and exclusive freebies. This post is a good example of how the weekly featured post will look like.
Why should you want to submit your freebie on Freebiesbug?
Because the weekly showcase will give you great exposure (only the home page counts more than 10K pageviews per day). You will also have the chance to become a guest editor, write custom description for your items and have an “About me” box under any post of yours like the one at the end of this page.
How can I submit an exclusive and featured freebie?
Please send me an email (email@example.com) including a preview of the freebie you want to showcase as exclusive and featured, your email address and a username you would use as guest on Freebiesbug. If I consider your free item suitable for the showcase I’ll write you back providing you a “Contributor” account. You will be allowed to access Freebiesbug’s admin area (this blog is a WordPress), edit your profile (remeber to use Gravatar for your profile) and create your guest post. Then, you will provide me the files for download to host on freebiesbug.com while I will review and schedule your post.
Guidelines for featured freebies submission
Here @Freebiesbug I pay attention to hand-pick high-quality stuff; for this purpose a featured freebie has to meet some important requirements.
- EXCLUSIVITY: Any freebie must be exclusive, that basically means that you cannot release it elsewhere.
- ORIGINALITY: It must be original, unique, or different from any other freebie that authors showcase elsewhere.
- COMPLETENESS: It should be something more than “basic”. For example, if it’s an icon set you should provide – let’s say – at least 50 icons or if it is a UI kit it should contain a complete set of elements (not just a dropdown menu or a single knob).
These are just “guidelines” (not rules!) so, if you can’t decide if your freebie is suitable for the showcase, please submit your freebie anyway.
Have you not received any answer from me?
I daily receive many emails from designer who want to showcase their items on my blog so I don’t have enough time to answer anybody. If I don’t write you back, please don’t be offended: keep in mind that design is a matter of taste so, if your freebie has been rejected it’s because I think that its look doesn’t match with our Freebiesbug’s “philosophy”.
You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text or graphics. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not obscene, libelous or defamatory, hateful or racially or ethnically objectionable, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your account is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your account is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your account’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own;
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Themeclue or otherwise.
Freebiesbug reserves the right to remove any post (or content created on Freebiesbug, e.g. comments, avatars, etc.) for any reason whatsoever.